Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Van Helsing

I think this is the first movie I've seen since LOTR: The Return of The King after my fall final exams. It's over the top and not that good. There was plenty of action, but somehow I just didn't care about anything going on. Dracula seemed more a comedian than a scary monster.

It has a few good lines, and I'll give it a Two and A Half Stars out of Five, but I'm grading on a lower summer blockbuster scale. Definately not a rush to go see type movie, either in the theather or on DVD. I knew I should have tried Man On Fire with Denzel in it.

Just as a reference point my Five Star Movies include Apollo 13, Road To Perdition, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, The Usual Suspects, and LOTR: The Two Towers. Those were movies that made me thing WOW, ROLL THAT BACK AND LET'S WATCH IT AGAIN! Tough curve for Van Helsing to be on.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.