Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Frasier Has Left The Building

Wow, 20 years of Frasier Crane. I remember when he first came onto Cheers and he got 11 years of his own show. I hadn't watched the last few years of Frasier. The quality had gone down a bit, I got busy working nights, then going to school. Even then, a bad Frasier was still better than 80% of most shows on TV.

I fell akin to Frasier Crane a bit. LLM once said that everytime she watched Frasier she thought of me. I just had some of those mannerisms. Who am I to disagree with her?

For awhile I had the Tennyson poem, Ulysses, that Frasier read at the end of the show up on the top bar of this blog. "To strive, to seek, to find, to not to yield" Kind of a motto.

Though it was time for Frasier to leave the building for a permanent shrine of honor on TVLand, I'll miss ya. Friends this, Friends that! I know which was the better show. The one that was brilliant and groundbreaking. The show that actually wanted the audience to be a little smart. I respect that.

"Thank you and good night!"

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.