Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Beyond The Glory

Broken bones heal.
Chicks dig scars.
Glory is forever.

On the swampy fields of Fishers two mighty teams of ex-band jocks converted a soccer field into a Band Football League Seniors Edition game. Our two-hand touch works fine given our conditioning and we've figured that the two hands don't need to be from the same person. I got revenge upon someone who I did a favor for and it was well-deserved. For once I threw a pick against him and HE went to the ground instead of me. It was SWEAT!

I only had two passes thrown my way. The first was 6 inches above what I could reach, but the second was in some ways the most important pass. It was the 2 point conversion that ended the game. The QB noted that no one wanted to play anymore defense so I had to catch it. What a nice floater into my hands.

Lessons Learned: Cleats help so much. Breaks for water are good. I need more conditioning, but so does everyone else.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.