Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

To Be Early Is On Time ...

I used to always be early. That way if something goofy happened I was still usually on time. What the happened to that talent of mine?
Lately I've been falling asleep at 1 or 2 in the morning. So having a 3am interview was going to be interesting. I attempted to sleep. It was more like I laid down and sometimes work up every 10-15 minutes for a few hours. The alarm went off at 2am and I'm in the shower to wake up with the coffee getting ready downstairs. After one cup I figured it was timed to get dressed and pilot a 2,900lb steal capsule down the rain slicked roads. I knew approximately where the UPS place was, but I didn't know exactly where it was. The little customer service pick up place on 16th Street wasn't it. The warehouse distribution center down the road was, but I couldn't tell it belonged to UPS until I saw the cute brown van-shaped mailbox on the road. Once a double semi-trailer got out of the way I went in. It was 3:01am. The guard said I have just missed the guy I needed to talk to, but I can come back the next morning before 3am. Ummm..no thank you.
I attempted to sleep again, but I had a 9am to go to. My sleep cycle was all messed up and I kept waking up all the time. The one hour of continuous sleep I had was the hour after the alarm went off. I almost made it across town on time. Considering that I hit EVERY, and I'm not kidding, red light on Kessler Ave. I'm 5 minutes late and the group interview had started without me. I would have to reschedule. At least the walking into the temp agency office went well. Nearly 2 hours later and 9 forms later they seemed positive they could find a temp job for me. Thanks to the Yellow Pages I'll find a few more offices to walk into.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.