Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Mo' Money Please!

I need a job. I need enough money to get through the summer. Financial aid doesn't arrive until August when classes begin. I had a job interview today. That lasted all of 10 minutes. I just can't do telemarketing. I believe the Do Not Call List is one of the better ideas ever invented. I couldn't be on the other side making the annoying phone calls.

I have a job interview for tomorrow. It is a warehouse job. Full time, but 12 hour shifts. That would make the nights I have class very long indeed. I applied for a job at UPS as well. Package handler. The money is okay for part-time work and the hours are worse, but they only need you 20 hours a week, plus you don't work weekends. I just got a phone call to interview for the position. It's a 3am interview because the shift would be 3am to 8am. I need to be awake in 5 hours or so. Great.

Instead of doing pro bono work at the prosecutor's office maybe I should admit that I need two part time jobs so I can pay off the credit card. The Mighty Green Ranger had a weird sound and it is going to be a very expensive sound at that. Sigh. Maybe night classes, with the UPS job and another full time job. I can live without sleep as that is what 2Ls do.

Will someone please explain how a intelligent, 30-something, with nearly a decade of job experience is thinking that a early morning shift, part-time job for $8.50 an hour is a good idea? How did my life end up like this?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.