Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Well what the hell am I going to do now?

Since I did not get the prosecutorial internship job that I was hoping for my third year of law school, I now have the problem of figuring out what classes I want to take over the summer and fall semester. I need to get in more classes that will be on the bar exam. I also want to have a few classes that I feel I might enjoy. There are a few class internships or legal clinic opportunities as well, BUT I don't have all of the prerequisites and I don't know yet if I can take it concurrently with the clinic.

I could take the clinic in the spring semester and ensure that I have no problems by taking the last prereq (Criminal Procedure) this fall. See what happens when you don't have a Plan B!

At least I have an envious problem to have. After this semester I'll only need 22 credits to graduate and I have already taken all the required classes and fulfilled my senior writing requirement. If I take 2 classes in the summer session I could either have a ridiculously easy fall and spring semester for my third and final year of school (9 credits apiece), or I could take a still fairly light schedule and get in a few classes for the Bar Exam and still have some fun classes and other experiences like a clinic (12-13 credits in a semester will seem so light to me still!) There is no penalty for graduating with more than 90 credits.

The pain is juggling a rather poor offering of classes and being able to find the good, the needed, and the fun.

It's amazing how I'm the third or fourth lawyer of my peer group, yet all of our experiences in school were completely different.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.