Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, March 15, 2004

The Note is DONE!

I tried to get my Note done before leaving for Charleston on Friday. Between homework, updating my resume, and performing a job interview I just could not get the Note finished before I left. For those playing at home here are the rules of the game: when your Note is selected for publication it gets assigned to a team of editors (2 in my case). Those two wonderful people catch my mistakes (and they found plenty). They tell me when I’ve misquoted something, need to add a footnote, change something from italics to small capitals, etc. Then I incorporate their edits into my Note to get it ready for publication. It sounds easy enough, but when I add and subtract footnotes it messes up the numbering of those footnotes. Sometimes Microsoft Word is smart enough to renumber footnote references to the new changes. Sometimes it isn’t; especially when the user (me) couldn’t figure out how to get that option to work properly.

Note to Microsoft: your HELP files are not particularly helpful!

Just so you know it took 4 hours to make sure all my footnotes referenced each other correctly. THAT is annoying! It is done though, sent to the executive editors for their approval, then off to the publisher! I have worked my ass off since late August on this thing and it is getting published. Sometimes hard work and effort do actually pay off.


PS: somebody send my Note to the President. I solved the Iraq problem while keeping day-to-day control with the U.S. and keeping the United Nations relevant.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.