Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

I call Shenanigans!!

I saw a hearing this morning that was fishy beyond belief and truly worthy of any organized crime trial. It was full of "I do not know" "I do not have that information in front of me so I can not say either way" etc. etc. etc. Defendant could not identify a third party, give a phone number or location, any terms of a contract. You would think the ruling would go against him.
I don't know, and neither did my judge. If everything about the statute cited was true, then defendant did a very crafty, technically accurate, if highly immoral dodge. He pulled a fast one just like a fake field goal attempt. Of course the upside of all this is now I have to research this one for my judge! More work for me!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.