Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

The More They Overthink The Plumbing...

the easier it is to stop up the drain. The school recently changed email settings in an attempt to prevent the outbreak of worms and viruses. Seems like a good strategy. I updated my settings to what tech support requested and everything worked fine. Until Sunday that is. Now I can not send outgoing email. I can only receive it. I went to tech supports webpages and double checked my settings. They were fine. They have a little program utility to reset settings. I downloaded it and it ran. I STILL can not transmit an email!

This is highly annoying. As a former tech support person I can easily follow instructions for updating software. Yet, it does not work. I guess I'll have to call campus tech support now. At least webmail works okay, but it's annoying to use it.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.