Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, March 22, 2004

The Fruits Of My Labor Were Enjoyed!

I was given the assignment to work with the school to prepare for a congresman to speak at the school. I thought it was great that we got a true expert on the field to come to our school and talk about the topic of national security. Unfortunately Friday is not a good day for speakers as most upperclassman aren't at the school. That Friday was also bad as it was the Friday before Spring Break. Who knows how many students had already split town. It was really bad for me as I was leaving that Friday for the Charleston Wedding Related Activities. (not an intentional skipping out mind you)

So I did all this work, couldn't enjoy it, and had no idea how well it went. This particular congressman is a well-known conservative and this law school...isn't. I was so afraid no one would show up, especially since there had been rather unprofessional responses to the announcement. Personally I didn't care, what the person's beliefs were. I just wanted a good speaker!

In class I asked the person who handled it on that particular Friday if anyone showed up. The room was very full and we ran out of pizza! For once, we were a victim of our own success! I just wish I was there to enjoy the moment, and get a picture of me with a real live congressman :-) A dude needs to look for work and make contacts ya know!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.