Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I Win The Bet

Some believed the Mighty Green Ranger would fall apart like the Bluesmobile two weeks before graduation. That date was Sunday and the MGR is in one piece still. I win.

However, the bearings on the compressor are gone so for the past few days it sounds like I'm driving a diesel. I don't think Ford ever put a diesel engine in a Ranger at least not domestically. I figured it would only affect the air conditioning so I didn't care. It does affect the defrost setting though. With all the rain lately I need a heated defrost to get the fog of the windshield so I can see. If I let the engine idle with the compressor running it'll kill the motor. Very interesting when I'm in the middle of a turn and the power steering goes out along with the motor. Thank god I have a stick shift and could just pop the clutch.

So the MGR is getting surgery tomorrow. I emailed my friend's shop and he replied that at least we knew this was coming. Lovely.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.