Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, February 04, 2005

All TiVo'ed Up On Smallville

I HEART other people's TiVo, especially when they have my Smallville for me. I was so thrilled to have Special Guest Psycho Alicia (played by Sarah Carter) back. Sarah is such a flexible actress. She can play lesbian lovers on Boston Legal and Teleporting Psychotic Girlfriends on Smallville.

Actually last season I never understood why Clark couldn't get past Alicia trying to kill Lana. I mean really what is the First Rule: Redheads, whether natural or bottled, are NOTHING but trouble! (I speak from experience) A girlfriend that could teleport me to Seattle for dinner and is willing to take care of some of the pesky women in my life would be the perfect woman! I'm NOT seeing any downsides here.

Of course Smallville, and Clark Kent, can't juggle FOUR women! You already have that troublesome redhead Lana, a brunette named Lois Lane, and a blonde Chloe. No way could you add in a superpowered freak who can appreciate another superpowered freak! Besides you can't kill off Lois Lane. The entire Superman universe would implode. Kristin Kreuk and Allison Mack are in long term contracts so you can't kill them off either. Bye-bye guest star because your contractual rights are lesser than the others. In yet another example of bad writing, once the bad guy touches you just teleport away from him. No need to allow the scum to put the rag of sleeping chemical on your mouth. Stupid lazy scriptwriters!

Speaking of stupid lazy scriptwriters how did the entire town know Clark and Alicia got married in Vegas? Not like anyone saw them and for whatever reason it wasn't a legal marriage. (Though unless one of the two were under age 18 I have no idea how that would be possible. Being drunk or stones usually isn't enough to get out of wedded bliss. Being a law student really fugs up my enjoyment of some things on TV)

*sigh* I'll miss Sarah Carter...err Alicia. We need to see more of her. Much more of her. *cough* Clark, if someone kills the woman you love you don't hesitate when you have the scumbag's neck in your hand. Darn that supermoral quality of Superman! We'll see how Chloe treats knowing about Clark's superpowers. She already has one point in her favor: she isn't a redhead because as we know redheads are NOTHING but trouble!

Oh yeah, since when did Minnie Driver become a singer? A very good singer at that. "Deeper Water" was beautiful and heartfelt.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.