Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Maybe I Did Pass The MPRE?

I'm totally confused by this raw score/scaled score from my test results. A scale means nothing when there is no frame of reference. However, note this document from the Indiana judicary. Go to page 17, Rule 17, Subsection 2.
Section 2. In addition, each applicant for admission upon examination, before being admitted, must pass the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE). The passing score for the MPRE shall be a scaled score of eighty (80) and must be achieved within two (2) years before or after the date the applicant successfully takes the Indiana two-day essay bar examination.

From that explanation it looks like I did pass, but I still want to talk with a human being to be sure. Only now my phone call will be to someone here in state instead of the National Conference of Board Examiners. The language seems plain and clear, but after 2.5 years of law school you can never assume anything. It's so frustrating, but if I passed can I get all my registration fee back for the November 12 exam I already signed for?

EDIT: I chuckled when I noticed that Kelly and I created similar posts at approximately the same time. I feel so much better now. As a suggestion to the NCBE it might be a good idea to send a little blurb in your test results that say something to the effect of "Please check your jurisdiction to see what a passing scaled score will be." Just my $0.02 worth. Thank you.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.