Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Interesting, Very Interesting

I did my part today in upholding American tradtion, I voted in the primary.
Results so far are proving interesting.

Mitch Daniels is the Republican nominee for govenor by a landslide.
Mort Large and Andy Miller are in a dead heat for the privilege of taking on my Constitutional Law Professor in the highly contested Indiana 86th District.
The Libertarian I've voted for in every election, Andy Horning, now on the Republican ticket has soundly thwaped some other dude to take on Julia Carson for U.S. House of Representatives.
Professor Marvin Scott, with no challenger, is going against incumbant Evan Bayh in November for the U.S. Senate.

Looks like it'll be a very interesting political season in Indiana :)

Can an unconventional libertarian take out the Dark Lordess of my congressional district?
Will the Republicans put support behind anyone trying to take on a Bayh?
Can my Con Law professor who helped pass the worst property tax bill in a century recover and keep his seat in a district that had 300 to 400% property tax increases?
Will a former budget director for Pres. Bush be able to knock out a nice guy in the Gov's seat?
Can Marion County have an election without any controversy under the Clerk Doris Anne Sadler? These hiccups are starting to get annoying even though none of them are her fault in the least. Pretty soon we will resemble Florida in 2000 :(

EDIT: oh my a 30-plus year incumbant, Phil Borst the Indiana Senate Finance Chairman, is in a dead heat with (Bill??) Waltz, the first person to challenge him in a primary since Nixon was in office I think!!! Will the big man fall tonight?

If I don't find any kind of job this summer I may have to volunteer for Andy Horning. I really, really, really want the Julia-Dark Lordess-Carson out of a job! It really sucks to have no voice in Congress :(

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.