Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Happy Birthday LLM

My best friend (among other things: like person most likely to snap my sanity and person I'm most willing to talk to and hear from) and I can’t hook up to celebrate her Big 3-0 birthday today. That is so wrong; I told her to ditch the family and have a fun time with me and a big chocolate ice cream cone and some margaritas but she didn’t listen to me as usual. I'm going to have to eat the chocolate ice cream by myself.

She didn’t like the idea of approaching 30. When it was my turn a few years ago I figured that since I am incapable of stopping (where are the cool superpowers when you need them) that I might as well enjoy the event. A modified Indy 500 sign, one keg of Killian’s Irish Red, a lot of friends, a lot of family, a ton of food, and my large glass beer stein marked my birthday. What a great time I had! LLM had the plane ticket to attend, but couldn’t at the last second. I guess that is fair: she couldn’t attend mine, and I can't attend her celebration.

As time stops for no one just enjoy it. Sometimes you know what you are doing and have a plan for your life, sometimes events beyond your control will sweep you up. A milestone birthday is what you make of it. Make the most of it.

EDIT: speaking of milestones I wonder if she remembered our oral contract concerning today? I'll soon find out.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.