Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, April 30, 2004

Indy Cultural Tidbit

I know I haven't posted much these past few weeks. Blame it on finals. I can tell from the hitmeter that there is less traffic. I also blame it on finals as the majority of my audience are my fellow students.

But this will be the start of what I hope to be a regular feature. This will serve as a reminder to those in Indy why this is such a great city; it will show the out of towners that are coming to Indy soon for classes why Indy is such a great city (I've had readers from Bloomington, South Bend, and New York who are coming to school next fall), and it will force me to find more cool stuff about the city I've grown up in. It's amazing. I've lived here all my live yet know so little it seems. I need to take my own advice and pretend I'm a tourist so I can find the cool stuff.

The historic Hannah House at 3801 Madison Ave. I miss the days around Halloween when it was "Haunted Hannah" but it is open the first Saturday of the month from 1 to 4pm. Go tomorrow if you can. $3 gets you in and you can tour the house and grounds of an authentic haunted historic mansion. Did I mention there actually are ghosts there? Perhaps ghosts of the slaves who stayed here as a part of the Underground Railroad.

Go soon, this treasure may disappear. Property taxes are killing the elderly sisters who own the house. The house is available for banquets, wedding receptions, and art shows.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.