Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, April 29, 2004

The worst is over I think.

I discovered that I was not well prepared for Admin Law Final. Until I started preparing I didn’t realize that I had no idea about the Skidmore case that we had covered for about 3 weeks. Not a good sign. I did manage to name a side-case that would have been very helpful. Of course the fact I couldn’t name any of the five factors in that case isn’t a good sign either. Nor the fact I said that the six to eight factors would help. Aye-aye-yih! On the plus side I’ve helped everyone else with the bell curve.

I had intended to go home, do a little research for a memo that I still need to write and then enjoy Wednesday night television. Yet somehow I end up at a bar with classmates consuming beer. If you drink this much alone you’re an alcoholic. With friends and classmates you’re only being social! Somehow we end up with our own Sex And The City-esque discussion. Rather interesting with five women, a married man, a gay man, and me, the perpetually single dude. The problem with most sex is that men and women have different styles. Men are the turbo-charged sports car. They spool up fast, expand a lot of energy quickly, and the quarter-mile is over. Women are the steam locomotive. They take awhile to warm up but once they start boiling over they can go for a long distance. Okay, you put two and two together folks because if I have to spell it out there is no hope for you.

I had a great time on a sidewalk patio drinking with my friends and classmates. Yet it some ways it was bittersweet. These past two years have found me unstuck in time. We work, we attend class, we work on papers, we run organizations, we even sing and dance sometimes. But I don’t know these people as well as I would want to. I haven’t been able to socialize with this band of brother and sisters anywhere near the extent I would like to. This past semester they have proven so interesting. Perhaps that is why so many of us are addicted to this blogs. We see different sides of ourselves; the sides that don’t come through in a classroom or at a table in the library.

I’m going to try to be more social over the next year. We need to see each other outside of the stale air of our hermetically sealed state of the art building. As I only need 22 credits to graduate and those will be spread out over the summer, fall, and spring I’ll have a party here, a barhop there, and with luck a cheesy-movie night somewhere. That’s the problem with law school specifically, it teaches us to be less than human at times. That is a cost I do not like.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.