Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, April 01, 2004

You Can't Get There From Here

Last night I decided to cruise by a house I saw online. 1890's Victorian charmer that needed a lot of work in an up and coming neighborhood. Since it was on Market St. I figured I would just drive out on Market St directly to it.

Not so fast. Once you get underneath that huge onramp that gets you to I-70, Market St becomes a one way, the opposite way I wanted to go. At that point I cruised on a one-way street that went the way I wanted to go. Due to all the one ways the Holy Cross-Westminster neighborhood (sorry no weblink available) has I essentially did several loops around several blocks to get to the house I wanted to peek at. Aha, here is Market St. again, but it's going east this time. Loop around and discover I've gone too far and now Market St. is a one way west at that point. A police chase through that neighborhood would technically yield enough moving violations to kill a redwood.

I loved the potential of the Victorian cottage, but it had one major downside that I didn't notice until I got there: the entire lot was 40 X 38 feet in size! You had the house surrounded by a strip of grass or a brick sidewalk. I like to have some kind of yard. If I had the cash I could turn it into a good rental though with a good view of downtown. Oh well.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.