Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, March 29, 2004

Entropy Grew Up

Back in college one of my best friends, T, had a Chevy Chevette named Entropy. Chevettes were not great cars in the first place, but even this one was bad. After awhile I think the only thing holding it together was bailing wire and our prayers that we not die while driving in it. Typical college car.

I saw T for the first time in nearly 5 years Saturday. A large obnoxious group of us were going out to the Pawn Shop Pub to celebrate pending nuputals for a friend. Since I was still pretty sober I got to be the designated driver. My 2 seat Ford Ranger wasn't going to cart our sorry butts there so I got to drive T's minivan. T was very hammered by 7pm.

His instructions: Okay Brian, don't open the sliding door because it is wired shut. You can tell the drivers door is all f*ed up so you have to lift to get it open and closed right.

I will admit that getting 7 other men in varying states of sobriety into such a crippled vehicle was rather amusing. I buckled up because not only is it the law, but it seemed like a smart idea. As we made the turn the driver door swung open! Oh god, I am so going to die! I knew T's car was finally going to kill me; it was just 10 years late. I made a gentle turn into the parking lot and it swung open again. Talk about multitasking: make the turn, slow down, and grab the door at the same time. Funny, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

The ride back was pretty uneventful, except for the thought of killing my best friend.
You're honor I'm a man of great repressed anger and his drunken mega-ass personality had surfaced. It was justifiable homicide.
You are right Brian. Case dismissed.

What's the lesson from all this: be trashed with your friends. That way their crap won't bother you as much. Oh yeah, be sure to have cab fare so you don't have to drive Entropy II.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.