Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Another One Bites The Dust

Rarely does anyone like to lose, yet this is one time I don't mind. International Law Society held elections for the new executive board of 2004-05. I was nominated for a few positions, but decided I could do Secretary.

My problem is that I am will likely be so swamped next year. Editing Student Notes, taking classes, the possibility of a class internship, and will likely be the president again of National Security Law Society. I ALREADY do a ton of work and have major time commitments. So once the results came out it was that weird mixed feeling: miffed about losing, yet thankful I didn't need to make the time and energy commitment.

Here's the odd part: I don't think I have EVER won an election! I didn't win presidency of NSLS. I ascended to it. I never won section leader in band. I ascended to that position. Okay, I did win the position of Historian in Psi Chi, but I'm not sure that was even contested. I'll admit the grad school senility may affect may memory there. I never win a popularity contest, but I always seem to be in the right place at the right time as a power behind the throne. Life is funny that way I guess.

BTW: I do still intend to be an active member of Int'l Law Society. I always wanted that.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.