Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Whumpa Has Landed.

Whumpa needed nothing in the bedroom and nothing along the family room wall. I managed to accomplish that. The rest of this place looks like a tornado went through it. What began as a reasonable clean out, toss out, and organization exercise ended up becoming a shove stuff where it fits and sort it out later exercise.

*Sigh* I've accumulated much crap over the 8 years I've lived here. I am going to be very busy the next week or two just going through all this stuff. With someone else living here I don't want to appear the Oscar to his Felix. Amazing how much stuff you accumlate that you don't really need.

Part of the problem is attempting to recycle things. I (try to) shred the paper products and toss them in the recycling bin. I had a dozen cardboard boxes easily recycleable, but I ended up tossing them in the trash. My green principles can be compromised by a tight deadline. OTOH I did drop off some batteries and paint cans to our local TOX-DROP this morning.

Some recycling will be done in-house. The shelves I dismantled in my dining room I may reassemble in my bedroom or above my computer in the living room. Two large corkboards I took down in the second bedroom may split up and set up in my bedroom and next to the computer. Redocorating on a dime so to speak.

I should have started this 2 months ago when we first entertained the idea. I didn't want to put any effort into such a herculean effort until I knew Whumpa was indeed moving in. He confirmed it only two weeks ago. Luckily Whumpa will be spending most of his time at his old place cleaning it out and bringing over the small stuff. I'll have a chance to at least reorg the living room to something functional (I hope).

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.