Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Well That Wasn't The Spanish Inquisition

A good move on my part to leave 15 minutes early. Traffic was far worse than I anticipated. I walked in at 8:59 for a 9:00 interview. The interviewing lawyer noted that several things on my bar application were typical and common. No one is perfect. She noted that I seemed to have a good grasp on past problems. We had a conversation about my confessed sins. It was a nice change of pace to simply have a conversation about certain issues. It is amazing that intelligent, rational people often fail to even get to the conversation stage. No wonder so many people sue each other. Might be good for business, but so many things could be resolved if people were willing to discuss things. Just a thought.

We discussed some hypothetical ethical situations. Some of which she drew from her past observations. I was nervous, but I hoped for the best and prepared for the worst. Luckily the interview was far closer to the former than the latter. I thanked her for her time and I'll get a favorable report. One more out of many challenges down. At least I'm moving down the checklist.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.