Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, April 15, 2005

Tax Day

If you waited this long to file your taxes you're screwed. Just have TurboTax do the number crunching and send it online to the IRS for you.

Which reminds me of a funny story from my tech support days. Users ARE NOT supposed to put non-business related software on their computer. I would state that over the phone. However, if the user really insisted I went ahead and wrote up a trouble ticket. I wish I could see the on-site person walk over and laugh at the user's request. One April 15 at around 4:30 I received a frantic call from someone asking for help to install TurboTax so she could do her taxes. I figured she was pretty screwed so I went ahead and solved her simple problem. Yes sometimes I show mercy. I hope she got her taxes in on time that year.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.