Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, March 17, 2005

They Just Want EVERYTHING!

I was hoping to be done with my bar application yesterday or at least almost done. I called the board of law examiners to get several questions answered. Even though the speeding ticket is no longer on my record (only goes back 10 years) and the court system no longer has it (keep them for 2 years) go ahead and fess up. Check. Include all residences since age 18 including college dorms. You don't need a room number though. Check. When asking for colleges and universities they only want degree programs, not a night class on Conversational Spanish or How To Operate Your PC. Check.

My job history is proving to be the fun one. I was a contract worker through most of my career. Did they want who employed me or did they want to know where I was assigned to? If they wanted only who signed the checks it wouldn't be too long. If they wanted everyplace I worked it would be a long list. "Really it's who signed the checks and employed you. If you can include all the places you were assigned to that would be good." Wow, that answer covered all the bases at once. I voted for the total employment record before I voted against the total employment record. Grrrrr!

Somewhere I have a total job history from my early years. I've seen it around somewhere, but can't find it now. I have my resume, but it only goes back to my post-college jobs and not all the way back to age 18. I used to have a decent and complete job history file on my computer, but this sucker has crashed a lot over the past 5 years. That file is long gone! I am an unorganized packrat and this trait is killing me now. I have spent hours going through the phone book and internet search engines to find addresses to some places that no longer exist! I have almost no information for the job before my senior year. I know I worked in a warehouse as a temporary day laborer, but I other than which warehouse park and what product I moved I couldn't tell you anything else about the job.

I haven't even gotten to the fun questions yet. Is it too late to quit?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.