Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, March 18, 2005

St Patrick's Day Via The Bahamas

I managed a 4 mile run last night. Beat my previous best by over a half mile. It wasn't speedy, but I didn't feel bad at all doing it. I think I could have continued on another half mile, but I'm discovering the fine line between not drinking enough water to stay hydrated and drinking too much water.

I still lacked my beer and basketball for the day and it was almost 9 so I was starving. I didn't want to go all the way back downtown to The Claddagh (ohhh....good Irish there), but they got one around the corner from my gym that I hadn't been to. It's a Thursday night and almost 9pm now. How crowded could it be? Oh Brian when will you learn? If I wanted to party I might have been willing to put up with the ginormous crowd inside and out in the party tent. To be honest I don't mind going out by myself for many things, but parties I want to be with a group of friends. No way was I going solo into that madhouse. Besides I just wanted food and beer! I walk over next door to the Bahama Breeze. "Great Irish food in the Bahama's" is a very short book, but I'll take a chance. Okay, no St. Patrick's Day specials. Nothing on the menu looks remotely Irish, but a very good menu actually. No Irish beer that I found, but a nice house red.

I had the window seat and could see all the green clad party goers stumbling to and fro next door. Okay next year I'm planning something for St. Patrick's Day. I will organize a small or large group of people to do something. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed my quiet chicken jerk meal and having the tipsy 50 year old woman next to me making fun of my yams with the devil's ears (don't ask). The waiter earned his tip and I wasn't rushed. Next year Happy Irish Day should be on a Friday so I'm celebrating! Who wants to be on the list?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.