Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I Hate It When Mom Makes Me Do Things

I needed someone to use the tape measure so I can order the cap for our graduation ceremoney. Size 7 5/8 or a 2 foot around head thank you very much. That is a big head so it is either a lot of brain or ego.

As we're going through the package Mom notices graduation annoucements. I didn't want any. I considered them a waste, but Mom wants to send these out. "It is a formality," she said. Hey everyone I actually care about knows I'll be graduating. Half the family knows I'm in law school. The other half forgot. Okay maybe one or two people I would like to send the announcements too, but it isn't like I got any announcements when other friends were graduating. That didn't break my heart. Hell, if they were in town I would have bought a beer for them and that would have been enough. JewBoy would have been fun to drink under the table, but DrunkenIrishMan could drink me under the table.

But I digress. I ordered some to make Mom happy. Sometimes it is easier to do what she wants just so I have piece of mind, especially if she wants to pay for it. Okay Mom, if you want to buy them I'll go ahead and order them.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.