Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, October 15, 2004

Guilty Pleasures

With no cable and no Buffy or Angel, a distaste for reality TV, and only 5 functioning channels you would think I have nothing to watch on TV. You're right for the most part and that is actually good in some respects. I have no reason to go home and be distracted.

BUT: I got addicted to Smallville when I was in France. Not the most deep show especially the first two seasons. The fact I could follow the plot pretty easily when everyone was speaking French proved that. It was something American though and I loved that in France. When I got back to the good ol' USA I was addicted. When I dumped cable TV to save money I ended up losing the WB as well! Channel 4's transmitter is notorious for sucking donkey as that thing is so weak. Great, now I can't even watch Smallville, but since Angel was no longer on I could live with that.

Guess what fell into my hands today? A tape with all 4 "fresh" episodes of the new season. Oh great, Lois Lane gets introduced and she is a royal pain. Chloe starts off dead, but is really in hiding. Lana Lang has run away from Clark and now finds a nice guy in Paris. What a beginning for the first few episodes. Poor Chloe when she realized she was number 3 on the depth chart for Clark's feelings.

A piece of advice Clark, when a girl who loves you comes onto you and is wearing your football jersey, it is NOT a selfish use of your superpowers to give her the night of her life. I'm just sayin'!!!! I'm also looking out for us as an audience as if you two finally hit it on it would add lots of depth to the show as we watch you two figure things out afterward. Forget Lana Lang because redheads, whether natural or bottled, are nothing but trouble. Trust me I speak from experience.

Oh well, at least I can see my other new guilty pleasure when it comes on. The ABC transmitter is in much better shape.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.