Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sometimes You Just Make Lemonade

When life hands you lemons you just make lemonade.

I can appreciate the sentiment of the above statement, but I've always thought it was a silly saying. Yesterday was just a bad day. I was extremely rushed to get things done and totally uninspired, a very bad combination. A lot of us are blaming the rain. Maybe that was it?

My friend was supposed to pick me up after classes so we could get a bite to eat in Broad Ripple then dance at The Red Room. I'm standing outside on the corner in the cool rain waiting for her to arrive. Okay why is she not answering her cell phone? At 6 I get very concerned. I can drive up there by 7 o'clock easily, but where is she? I was just about to give up on her when she calls at 6:20. A stupid VP needed something not important right now so she got held up at work. The class started at 7 so I figured it would be tight, but we could make it if everything went right.

When I said, "turn left just after the stoplight" I meant if you were heading north on West Street. When you're heading west on Michigan Street you'll arrive at a corner near me, but not where I'm looking. It took awhile to figure out where she was so I could move to a corner near her. We went stupid, it must have been the cool autumn rain.

We're parked near The Red Room (after I forgot to say turn here...whoops) but we're over 20 minutes late. I'm not Gene Kelly, but I know the lesson plan for tonight and I wouldn't have had a problem going right in. My friend has never salsaed before so she would be lost if we just went in. Those basic steps in salsa are critical to learn or else you'll clueless. We're late, we're tired and crabby, we're being drizzled upon, and there is no way to do the thing that we planned on doing. What do you do with all these lemons? Realize you're in Broad Ripple and find a good place to have dinner and drinks!

The Jazz Cooker is a nice place. After some shrimp and two Amaretto Sours I knew I was happier. We ended up at The Red Room later for some more drinks and conversation. It appears her new boytoy was jealous she was supposed to be dancing with me that night. Oh well that was his problem. We managed to get into an interesting discussion concerning men & woman. Perhaps I'll share some of the insights later.

It was a bad day, but at least it ended up okay. I just wish I could make more lemonade sometimes, I have plenty of lemons laying around.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.