Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, October 18, 2004

Emergency Catholic

Warning: I had nothing to do with this incident except for the actual wounding. If you're offended by any of this post, don't blame me!!!!! Blame my two friends.

I impaled my palm Saturday night with a nice sharp metal tent stake. Yes it did hurt and it bleed a bit. If my palm touches anything, like a inbound football, I get lovely spasms of pain in my lower arm. After a humiliating game of football Sunday a few of us hit BW-3s. I got to show my wound for the first time by holding up my palm.

S: Oh wow, that's a real passion of the Brian moment there! You know when you give the stigmata to yourself it doesn't count.
Today I looked up whether stigmata is the process of getting the wounds or the wounds themselves. According to the internet it is the wounds themselves. Hey I learn something new every day!
That's okay. You're now an Emergency Catholic.

Me: Wow, first I was Catholic-By-Proxy (long, yet possibly funny story), now I'm an Emergency Catholic. What does that mean?

S: Next time all us Catholics go on a Crusade and there aren't enough of us, we're bringing all the Emergency Catholics with us.

Oh great. Now I'm in the ready reserves for any future holy wars.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.