Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Wonder & Mundane

The fury of an Indiana thunderstorm is a wonder to behold. The wind, the clouds rushing by, the splash of the rain, the cacophony of thunder, and the arcing of lightning. I find it relaxing to turn off the lights, the radio, and everything else just to open the blinds and see Mother Nature in all her glory. The front went by and I was watching back end of it from a bench. I saw the lightning start at the far left of my vision, arc from cloud to cloud, and go near to the far right of my eyesight. The whole thing easily took at least 6 or 7 seconds. Then the train rumble of thunder took so long you thought it would never stop. So as I'm watching in awe of the planet we can't control, what are my thoughts? I hope Kelly's basement isn't flooding again!

While definitely an important thought it didn't quite do the moment justice. No offense Kelly.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.