Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, April 05, 2004

Happy Daylight Savings Time!

I think Prof. Wright is rubbing off on me. This will explain a few things in this post.

With little fanfare DST occured yesterday. With the exception of a few counties near Chicago and a few near Cincinnati, the rest of the state didn't notice as we don't have to change our clocks.

Personally I think DST is stupid. Let's have more daylight when we are awake by just fiddling with our clocks. When we go out and run into aliens in the next few centuries how will humanity explain to them that twice a year we 'spring forward and fall back' on our clocks just because we can? Daylight is daylight and I'm betting those alien death rays won't be set on stun after we give them an explanation of this goofy custom.

From a more pragmatic point of view, not that space aliens wanting to kill us is an important thing to dismiss, supporting a multinational corporation and having to continually explain to outsiders what time it is in Indiana was nothing but a pain in the ass! I wouldn't normally go for the Well everyone else is doing it type of argument, but let's get on with the rest of the country (exceptions to Arizona and Hawaii)

Indiana, we're geographically next to Chicago. Let's switch to the Central Time Zone then adopt DST. Despite a common answer against DST, I'm thing that in reality the cows wont mind. The cows in other states haven't reported any problems with DST. They just stay happy chewing grass and giving milk. Besides, I'm not giving deference to any animal that is my future hamburger and steak.

Let's get in step with the rest of the country so I always know what time it is.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.