Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, April 05, 2004

The Things You Know. The Things You Learn

LLM came down to see me yesterday. The Thai Cafe in Broad Ripple is the best, and only, Thai place in town and she really wanted Thai food. We've known each other for 10 years yet we seem to keep surprising each other with nuggets of information that we didn't know. I learned this yesterday: LLM hates to drive and LLM also can get lost very easily if she is unfamiliar with the area. It is pretty easy to get to my place. I have no idea how You'll be on the interstate and get off at the X street exit. The exits goes up a hill and you'll need to turn LEFT at the stoplight. became one pissed off driver who turned RIGHT! I knew things were going bad when I called her to see where she was and the answer was We'll see and she hung up. That was the point of the call, to shepard her in the last 2 miles. 2 minutes later, my phone rings and LLM is exactly 2 miles the opposite direction. You know it's bad when I walk to the road to make sure I can flag down a car.

At least the rest of the experience went very well. The Thai Cafe produced yet another wonderful meal; I saw someone that I don't get to see as often as I want to; I got to bounce a beautiful 4 month old girl on my knee throughout lunch and give the mommy a break, and I discovered tickling the tips of an ear on a baby is a great way to make her smile.

The only problem now is that I haven't heard back from LLM that they arrived back home safely. I hope she didn't stay in the right lane and end up in Ft. Wayne?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.