Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You Really Don't Want To Hire Anyone Do You?

One resume emailed last night. One resume printed off and mailed this morning before I left for work (I was up a bit early). I decided to go for the trifecta this afternoon. That was my first mistake.

The place doesn't accept emails, phone calls, online applications, or mailed items. They want you to apply in person. What is this, the 1950s? I knew they closed for lunch but I wasn't sure when they closed in the afternoon. They seemed to have bankers hours. My ad only had the morning hours printed, but I knew that was incorrect. Luckily I got out of work an hour early.

I put $1.50 in the meter because I had no idea how long this would take. I get into the room listed and am informed Human Resources has moved to a different room on a different floor. I wandered over to the new location and saw the big sign: closed at 3 P.M. I was almost a half-hour too late. HR isn't open on Wednesdays either.

My Thursday is going to be so cramped. Last day of work, hopefully lunch with a friend, go apply for job, have dinner with a very cute and intelligent female (crosses fingers), and who knows what else. At least part of Thursday should be fun!

EDIT: Okay I emailed 3 other applications. That makes 5 total in 36 hours. Is that a quintfecta?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.