Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, May 08, 2006

Roommates???

I haven't had a roommate in 11 years. He was a high school friend so he, his wife, her child, and myself moved into a large 3 bedroom apartment. That ended up not working out very well. At $10/hour I had the highest paying job of the 3 wage-earners, and when they decided to get a divorce suddenly I was the one paying most of the bills till we could break the lease.

Grandma's old 2 bedroom condo isn't a bad place especially since I did some renovations to it before going back to school. However lots of things fell apart these last 4 years and I haven't had the time/money to truly fix them. Once I get a job this place will be a construction zone to fix the deferred maintenance.

However I'm getting a break. The Wiley T is moving in with his girlfriend and Whumpa needs a place to stay. Whumpa is like me (recently finished with education) and has a starting job in his field (unlike me). I made him a good deal by simply splitting the expenses and a modest rent. Whumpa is officially moving in.

This is going to be one hell of an adjustment for me. He's trustworthy and will pay the rent so I don't have to worry about money. I'm going to have to get used to someone being here. I'll have to clean and organize (should have been doing that for years now so I have an incentive). On the other hand I'll have someone to chat with on occasion. Sometimes I'm bored because virtually everyone I know is married, has kids, and in that life stage where you just don't hang around each other a lot. Whumpa has his own life, but I suspect we'll get to hang around a bit.

I've been cleaning a bit the past few weeks when the possibility of a roomie came up. The problem with cleaning is the place looks like a disaster zone until it is finished. Ugh.

The best thing about Whumpa moving in is the following equation: Whumpa = Cable TV :-)
I miss cable TV!!!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.