Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Veronica Mars vs. Smallville

First I would like to note these two show will not be going head to head when the upcoming fall season begins. VM keeps the Wednesday night slot and will compete against The West Wing (grrrrrr somebody better TiVo VM for me), while Smallville moves to Thursday nights (great move as nothing is on Thursdays now).

Second, this hasn't happened yet so I'm presented with a quandary for tonight: which rerun gets my viewing patronage? Quality-wise Veronica Mars is vastly superior to Smallville. The only reason I became addicted to Smallville was because it was one of the few American shows in France that was on. Smallville is so simple I could follow the major points in the show even though it was dubbed in French. My vast Buffy knowledge allowed me to follow Buffy in the improper language. You know it is bad when I'm giggling at the dialogue because I know what Xander and Buffy were saying by memory, not because I understood French. Couldn't they have gotten a British actor who knew French just to keep Gile's British accent? A French accent is so wrong with Giles.

Okay I've drifted from my point. VM is vastly superior (superiour if you're Giles) to Smallville, but you have Allison Mack as Chloe on Smallville and tonights episode really features her. Long time Confessions readers know my appreciation of Allison Mack. Allison Mack versus Kristen Bell. This isn't fair!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.