Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, August 22, 2005

Potpourri Weekend

Fantasy Football Draft:
We came up with a simple draft. Draft the teams, not the players, and just follow the win/loss record. This makes it very easy to follow and very easy to administrate. My problem was that I wasn’t supposed to be in the draft so I did no research on teams. What do I know about the Mountain West and Sun Belt conferences? One person backed out at the last minute so with 30 minutes to go I suddenly had to figure out a draft strategy for all 119 Division I teams. The solution was to draft teams I knew from big conferences, then draft teams from the smaller conferences that I’ve heard of. If I’ve heard of them I’m hoping they won some games. Go Florida, Iowa, and with luck Air Force and Buffalo will pull off a few upsets for me.

Poker Night:
Having never played the game I was content to watch. If I had gotten all the way through ‘Poker For Dummies’ I might have played. Wait a second; I have no job and no money. No way was I playing! With a $10 buy in they need to figure out a way to speed up the game. It shouldn’t take over 6 hours to play.

Football:
When was the last time we played football? I would like to thank the defense for giving up on me for some odd reason and allowing me to run in for the touchdown. Sadly we returned the favor later in the afternoon. I don’t know what is worse: doing something wrong and getting burned for it, or doing everything right and still getting burned for it. I guarded my receiver, my hands were in front of his, but it was the perfect throw and the perfect catch. Even my teammates admitted I couldn’t have done any better than I did on that throw, but sometimes you lose. Oh god I am still sore. Why am I always ending up on the ground? Why can’t Whumpa be thrown to the ground by me for once? I need another Tylenol please.

Misc:
I need some coffee now. I think I’m going through withdrawal symptoms.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.