Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, August 19, 2005

Keep Claudia Around Please

Dear Stargate Producers and Writers,

I have heard nasty rumors that you will be killing off Vala, played by Claudia Black, in tonight's episode. Please do not do this. I appreciate Amanda Tapping coming back from maternity leave and that fulfills the Have At Least One Female role required on this action show. I realize that Claudia Black is merely a guest star. That is fine, but don't kill her off please. The interplay between Vala and Daniel Jackson is very amusing to watch. Daniel has been a stale nerdy type for too long and having a strong, mischievous female as a foil is a joy to watch. It makes both deeper characters as they have to figure each other out.

Also I would note that Claudia Black and Michael Shanks, who plays the aforementioned Dr. Jackson, have obvious chemistry together, much like she did with fellow castmate Ben Browder in a certain other series both starred in. Two actors with good chemistry can make up for mediocre writing. They play off each other very well and that makes them both better actors.

Though I am loathe to use this as a reason to not get rid of the character I must point out that Claudia Black is HOT! My female friends have enjoyed the "yumminess" of Ben Browder's addition. My female friends debate the appropriate level of scruffiness on Michael Shank's beard. Since this reasoning is good enough for them I believe it is good enough for me. Claudia Black is a beautiful woman to watch and the bit of Australian accent is most pleasing to hear. I'm hoping for your sake that all the internet rumors are false.

Signed,
Loyal Fan of Claudia Black and all those other people on the show.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.