Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, June 24, 2005

I Want A Road Trip!

Talk about suffering from the ultimate distraction right now. I want a vacation! Unless you count the summer classes I spent in Europe (which I could understand if you did) I haven't had a real vacation in 4 years. Aside from a 3 day weekend trip to Chicago, a warp speed damsel in distress trip to Dallas, or maybe a bachelor party or three I have done so little travel these past few years. I've certainly done no travel where my plans were my own versus helping someone else out with whatever problem they've had. Helping people move certainly isn't relaxing.

I want to be away. I want to be someplace where my time is purely my time. The original idea was to be on a 10 - 14 day or so trip through Portland, Seattle, British Columbia. I liked the ideas of kayaking on Puget Sound, hiking on Mount Hood, staying in a bed & breakfast on the San Juan Islands. Unless someone donates a lot of money that isn't going to happen.

I wonder about 3 day weekend on one of the Great Lakes. I understand Ohio has some nice islands on Lake Erie. Maybe something on one of the Michigan coasts. After the Bar I want to be away for some time. I don't want to see old friends, but simply have a little time to myself and recover. Some might view that as selfish. I view it as therapy. I want to be somewhere where I don't know anyone. I don't know why, but I've grown to appreciate the water of the past few years. Sometimes sitting next to the lake or river is so relaxing.

Does anyone have any trip suggestions? Now if only I could borrow a friend's 64 Caddy he just got. Perfect road-tripmobile.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.