Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sunday, May 15, 2005

"Not A Single Horsepower Turned In Anger"

Quote my friend about yesterday.

Dear Indianapolis Motor Speedway,

At 12:20 pm yesterday you called out Pole Day qualifications. I note that I was at last years monsoon and tornado race where nothing was cancelled despite all the rain. We couldn't understand why the track was being closed so early. The weather radar showed one last small string of showers then clear skies. Given the jet engines you employ I know the track can be dried off in 2 hours. The racers have been practicing all week. Just let them line up in tech and make a run for it. I really wanted to see Danica Patrick make a run for it.

At 3:30 pm, with sunny blue skies full of white puffy clouds, I was in the town of Speedway and my car started up and made plenty of left turns when searching for an ATM and Taco Bell. I don't know why all those fancy expensive race cars couldn't have done the same thing at the track.

Out of curiousity, after closing the track how long before you shoo out people just sitting around and drinking beer? We still had plenty of beer in our coolers at that point and if we aren't hurting anything would it have been okay to finish them up?

I would also like to thank the mystery concession stand worker who had to throw out all his food due to the fact everyone was leaving and decided to give us some yummy Italian sausages for free. Why waste a good Italian sausage? It was a jesture we appreciated.

Signed,
Confessions

On the plus side aside from being a tad chilly it was a beautiful night at the ballpark downtown. Aside from losing by 9 runs it was a good game.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.