Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, February 18, 2005

The Bachelor for Barrister's Ball

Reality TV and eBay are two of the strongest influences upon American culture at this time. It's about time I use them for my purposes. I'm capable of thinking outside the box when needed so I've come up with an interesting solution to multiple problems that I see.

Problem 1: how to get more money into the Loan Repayment Assistance Program that encourages newly graduated law students to take poor paying public interest jobs? I like public interest jobs. It proves that not all lawyers are soul sucking hired guns.

Problem 2: to have a 'date' for the Barrister's Ball aka the law school prom on SATURDAY MARCH 5TH. I use the term 'date' only because female companion sounds like I'm talking about a hooker. 'Date' comes closest to my desire to have someone to chat with over dinner, dance, and possibly take a nice walk with along the canal. Yes I know you can go to the Barrister's Ball solo. A 'date' is not a requirement. I would simply prefer to have one. I'm a people person and women are people.

Solution: auction a 'date' with myself to the prom on eBay with all the money going to a charity such as LRAP!

That part isn't hard. I'm a witty conversationalist, can salsa dance, there is a meal and open bar involved, so being my 'date' is no bad thing. Getting onto eBay is simple and PayPal can handle the money issues. I can write a check to the charity. The hard part is getting a documentary to videotape all this for a special Reality TV episode. Since I would be somewhat borrowing ABC's concept of The Bachelor I should give them first dibs. Whatever money I earn from the licensing deal can also go to charity. Or is this idea more like ElimiDate?

I think I'm onto something here. Does anyone have an idea what I might be worth?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.