Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Monday, December 27, 2004

Reliable Warmth At Last?

I can understand the furnace repair people being busy, but could you at least return my phone calls? Left a message last Thursday night and this morning. Around one this afternoon I got tired and decided to call a different company. Normally I am a three strikes and you're out kind of guy and the original team was only at two strikes, but damnit I wanted a working furnace or at least a phone call!

The new guy took over 3 hours to work on my furnace and replaced the expensive and brand spankin' sequencer that was installed less than 2 weeks ago with a cheaper, but seems to be working okay so far, set of conductors (whatever those are). The sad thing is Marty and Darrel called back as the new guy was working on my furnace. I told them that things were fine and to not worry about. I just didn't want to say "Hey I waited forever, but finally called someone else to see if some action would be taken." I didn't want the possibility of a shouting match or anything as my patience was wearing thing at that point.

Dad figures I should ask for a rebate for the sequencer. It is laying on top of the furnace useless right now. I guess I can write a letter. I shouldn't pay for small expensive part that isn't being used now. I just don't feel like calling them to bitch about it. I only have so much energy now and I would rather work on things that NEED to be done and rest and recover from the fall semester.

Here is my small dream tonight: that when I wake up the temperature isn't 10-15 degrees cooler than when went to sleep.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.