Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Friday, December 24, 2004

The Darkness And The Light Of The Holidays

I was originally thinking about doing a post on how the Politically Correct forces of our society are destroying the spirit of Christmas. Or perhaps I could have posted on how I learned an old friend and his wife just had a baby and the shock that news was to me (I've been out of the loop for nine months, I didn't know at all!). Or perhaps I could have come up with something poignant about the holiday season and the deeper meaning that I feel so many of us forget.

Instead I'm going to be cognitively lazy and link to an old co-worker's blog post. She just started blogging and her thoughts on the holidays echo many I've been thinking lately. This is a time of hope and I need to remember that. Despite the numerous tribulations of this year I am still standing, in spite of several people's active desire that I not. Over the past few months I've occasionally heard how strong I am. Believe me I don't feel strong; I simply survived. Yet through survival brings a hope of renewal and rebirth, that same hope that underpins the mythos of this holiday season.

I doubt I'll be on at all over the next two days so Merry Christmas to all.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.