Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The Heat Is On

No I'm not referring to the Glen Frye classic off the Miami Vice soundtrack, but to my wayward furnace. The same repair crew showed up at 9 am. I quickly put on a jacket as my ratty sweatshirt is something for home use only and not meant for public viewing. It took them around 20 minutes to figure out what was wrong: some crossed wires. Yep, when they installed the two new parts last Friday they wired them wrong.

They thanked me for being so cool about everything. Hey I've been in customer service for a long time and sometimes you just mess up. I can't blame them for the supercold weather we've had recently and their backlog of work. Most importantly Mr. Kerosene Heater is a workable alternative for heat. If I didn't have that alternative I'm sure I would have been far more testy. Instead my attitude was no harm, no foul. Those two had been busy for the past few days and were going to be busy for the next several. No need to bitch them out. Consider it my Christmas gift to them.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.