Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas Catching Up

Yeah the extended family needs to get together more often. One cousin I hadn't seen in a year was unaware I was in law school for 5 semesters now. Some extended relative brought his new GF to the party who was a helicopter pilot for the Coast Guard. I helped park cars at his wedding a few years ago. Didn't even know he was divorced now. One cousin is now a homeowner and works about 2 blocks from where I live.

We learned that if you give the Crazy Aunt more than two glasses of wine she tends to have a good time. She's fun to watch in that very scary sort of way. We should have gotten her all liquored up years ago.

Good to have the grandparents there. Normally they're in warm Florida, but this year have been in the northern hinterlands with us since the spring.

One foot of snow on the ground does make it look festive. At least the city had 2 days or so the clear the streets and make driving passable. Too many still went too fast for the conditions.

Temperature was a brisk 49 degrees inside my place when I finally got home. Did I mention my furnace stopped producing heat a few hours after it got fixed again? Over two weeks without regular heat during the coldest weather of the year. Gotta love it!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.