Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Pizza Surprise

Someone had me paranoid that the pizza would not arrive in time for the meeting. I personally went to the pizza place last night to preorder and pay for the pizzas and if they didn't arrive then it was someone else not doing their job. I did not want the embarrassment of not having a promised lunch not show up again.

This school just runs on pizza or subs. If I don't offer food I get about a quarter to a third of the attendance at the meetings.

Lately 15 to 20 people have been showing up so I got the usual six pizzas. That usually leave the equivalent of a pizza left over so not much waste there and we donate it to the next class to use the room. Today we had 26 people so it wasn't quite enough pizza for all! I had conflicting emotions about the event. Good that so many attended the meeting to listen to the speaker we had (and seemed to enjoy him). Bad that we didn't quite have enough food for everyone concerned. One officer went to the cafeteria downstairs and grabbed lunch for her and myself. Thanks.

Now if only I can get a few more people to join and pay dues. If you want pizza you need to pay dues!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.