Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Thursday, October 28, 2004

I am THE MAN!

Growing up I fought against THE MAN! THE MAN represented all the power and had the boot heel on our necks. We, the people, just wanted to be left alone and do our thing.

Today I was given my own set of shiny leather boots. In my spring internship I worked with judges and their court staff. Anything I worked on was purely an advisory opinion on the cases that came up in a oral argument or on a point of law that my judge gave me to research. I also looked in case files to see if the criteria for a summary judgment default were meet and informed the judge of that fact. I just gave my opinion to THE MAN. Today my assignment at BIG GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT internship was to write up a complaint. I typed up a complaint saying that according to this statute and these administrative regulations you, citizen, have violated the terms of your permit and we, THE MAN, are now going to revoke it!

I have now written up a document that affects the legal rights of a human being and my supervising attorney thinks it looks great (after one edit where I used liberal amounts of my law review red pen). I am now THE MAN!

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.