Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Potty Etiquette

This simply falls under the YUCK files.
The nice thing about being a man is that we can pee standing up, oddball devices for the ladies notwithstanding. We can cycle in and out of a restroom with speed that is unknown to females. Yet there is a certain etiquette that must be upheld: never talk to the person next to you unless you're carrying on a previous and ongoing conversation, selection of open urinals, things like that.

One thing I would like to add: do not pee on your neighbor. One thing about my job is that I get to wear shorts. Normally I like this, until today when my calf received a splash effect. How do you even bring this up with the offender? What rules govern such a bathroom foul as this? Luckily the offender finished first and then left, without washing his hands I might add. I used a paper towel and soap to scrub down the afflicted area.

I know that sometimes we can project with so much force that it feels like we can put out a western wildfire, but please remember to use CONTROL!

On a slightly less disgusting note: it appears that other people are willing to answer their cell phone while using the facilities. Dude, let the call go to voicemail. You'll be able to call back in a minute or two.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.