Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

You Advertise What You Post

Noticed this the other day, on Blogspot the banners at the top tend to advertise things related to what you've recently posted. I currently have Spiderman themed ads. Someone who went to China had Chinese and airplane related ads. Someone else has commented on seeing the latest Moore movie and now has Micheal Moore and liberal themed items on the banners.

As a computer person I am concerned about the amount of tracking software tha blogger and sitemeter lay onto my computer all the time. It is very annoying to continually delete cookies. If I try Ad-Aware it kills the webpage of sitemeter automatically. It had software that wants to poke around in my PC. Yet if I block that ability I can't access many webpages.

Damned annoying quandry isn't it?

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.