Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The Simple Pleasures

It wasn't quite 8 solid hours of sleep, but at least I could roll back into bed from 6am onward. I had the bedroom window open to let in fresh air. It's amazing how stale air becomes during the winter when you trap it inside for months. The only reason I closed it when I woke up the first time was just to drown out the cars driving by as I didn't mind the chill. It felt good against the sunburnt arms. Odd how heat and cold interact and become pleasing to experience.

Reading the newspaper with a hot cup of coffee. This morning I can read the articles I want to instead of skimming them. Now begins studying for finals, but at least I feel ready today. Well, I'll be ready after I shower :-)

EDIT: one more simple pleasure to note. Using a brand new razor blade to shave with. That feels so fine! Yep, I'm a new man today.

|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.