Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Brian, I wished you talked more in class. What you say matters and people listen to you.

It likely isn't an exact quote from a friend this weekend, but I think it expresses the core of her thoughts. While I may goof off with my mostly humorous musings or daily dairy postings here I stay fairly serious at Sapere aude. It appears that I've sparked discussion and commentary among readers there and sometimes here.

Brian, you express the thoughts everyone is thinking, or you make us think about what you say. or something close to that.

That was the reason why I signed up to post there. I wanted to give my own off-beat yet serious commentary about our lives and concerns. I wanted to raise the level of discussion about the important things in our lives. I wanted us to stop and wonder about our own ideas and philosophies.

Brian, many people may not know who you are, but you influenced them already with your words.

I treat the honor very seriously, which is why I haven't posted there lately. I've been crafting something big, yet it just isn't ready yet. The muses in my mind sing the thoughts I want to express, yet the words on the page hardly match my ideas. Perhaps it's mild writer's block or simple stress from the typical end of semester crap. I don't know.

So for now I thank you for the respect you've given me. I thank you for letting my thoughts engage your's. I hope we both come off better because of it.


|
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.